I thought it was about that time for an update. So many new things are in my life that I thought I'd share a bit about what I've been learning through this process. And I wanted to continue in this spirit of "new and change" but giving this blog (which has been around for almost 5 years now) a bit of a face lift.
First, I'm living in Santa Monica. I wanted to document my entire road trip out here, but driving over 2000 miles in 4 days AND taking the time to enjoy the scenery is slightly more draining than even I anticipated. We saw some incredible sites though- from the abandoned train yard in Salina, KS to the Sand Dunes in Colorado, to the mighty Hoover Dam in Nevada...and yes even Peggy Sue's diner right before the California state line. When we finally arrived in Santa Monica and took the walk down to the beach, I couldn't help but be amazed that we had seen all that we had and that this place, where I was experiencing the vastness of the ocean with the Pier lights dancing off in the distance, was now to be my home.
Rather than going on and on about the way the Lord has blessed me over the past three weeks, I thought I'd boil them down to bullet points. I like condensed versions of things these days. :)
- The people who helped to set up my room/helped me move in are amazing. (yes, that includes you, Mom and Dad!)
- Regeneration LA - cool church in Pasadena that I've been checking out over the past 3 weeks.
- The ladies I've met from Hope Church Santa Monica
- My job. It's just awesome.
- I live within walking distance to everything. It's kind of surreal.
- Charity- a beautiful friend of a friend who came to have dinner w/me last week.
- My roommate- she's super joyful and happy.
- Calls with Sadie, Sarah, Ben and other friends- just encouragements as I get settled.
- SKYPE! I've gotten to actually SEE people that I love and miss!
- The opportunity to use my music so quickly- I'm playing keys and singing harmony for a girl I met last week.
- Knowing that God is guiding this process ever so specifically.
More to come soon, but I thought an update was in order. And something that's been hitting me a lot recently- there really is so much more than mediocre in this life. Pursuing more is what we're made for.